Staffordshireamdram.co.uk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Staffordshireamdram.co.uk Forum

The Staffordshireamdram Theatre Discussion Board

To SiteTo Site  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

West Side Story-Liberty Theatre Company

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Libby

West Side Story-Liberty Theatre Company Empty
PostSubject: West Side Story-Liberty Theatre Company   West Side Story-Liberty Theatre Company EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 6:27 pm

Hi, just wondering if anyone else went to see West Side Story at the Mitchell Memorial Theatre last week?
I thought it was superb, and the best piece of amateur theatre I've seen in ages! Excellent lead characters,
and impressive young cast/company - particularly the lads! I have to say, although the closing scene
always "gets me", I found the powerful and emotional delivery of Anita and Marias duet "A boy like
that/I have a love", so incredibly moving. Well done to all involved with the show - you should be very
proud of yourselves!!

Libby
Back to top Go down
paulbar

PostSubject: west side story   West Side Story-Liberty Theatre Company EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 7:57 am

I must be in the minority, but I find West Side Story very dated and a tad boring although there were a couple of good performances, notably Charlotte williamson as Maria and sarah Mould as Anita. I have to say I didn't find any of the male performers very convincing, and it was a bit confusing not having any delineation between the Sharks and the jets, normally ther is a recognisable costume difference between the two. overall i didn't think the production was bad but just ok, and certainly not as good as some of libertys past productions.
Back to top Go down
ianb

ianb

PostSubject: West Side Story   West Side Story-Liberty Theatre Company EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 7:25 am

Hi Paul,

No, you're not on your own; i think the music is still fresh but the dialogue is painfully dated.
Back to top Go down
Libby

PostSubject: Re: West Side Story-Liberty Theatre Company   West Side Story-Liberty Theatre Company EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 5:22 pm

[left]Thanks - I respect your views Paul and Ian - its always interesting to hear varied opinions.
Back to top Go down
ianb

ianb

PostSubject: west side story   West Side Story-Liberty Theatre Company EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 4:34 pm

Hi Libby,
Yes, we've all got different tastes, it would be boring if everyone liked the same things. The main thing is to keep amateur theatre going in this area and it's nice that by and large members of different societies do support each others productions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: West Side Story-Liberty Theatre Company   West Side Story-Liberty Theatre Company Empty

Back to top Go down

West Side Story-Liberty Theatre Company
Page 1 of 1