Staffordshireamdram.co.uk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Staffordshireamdram.co.uk Forum

The Staffordshireamdram Theatre Discussion Board

To SiteTo Site  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Queens Theatre - Burslem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Oliver

Oliver

Queens Theatre - Burslem Empty
PostSubject: Queens Theatre - Burslem   Queens Theatre - Burslem EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 5:59 am

Hello everyone, If your from the Stoke-On-Trent area, Im sure your know of the Queens Theatre in Burslem.

Its a really beautiful buiding, but these days its hardly used. At the moment they are showing Annie Jr. But It seems theres only a couple of shows on a year there!

Of course its not the biggest of theatres, but its bigger than the Mitchell Memorial Theate.

And also now, they have got rid of all of the orgiginal seating in there so when you go to watch shows now your sat on plastic mobile tiered seating which i thinks a big shame.

It would be so nice if the theatre was used more!

Whats everyone else think?

Best Wishes
Oliver
Back to top Go down
http://www.kidsgroveyouth.org
ianb

ianb

PostSubject: Queens theatre   Queens Theatre - Burslem EmptyWed May 21, 2008 2:33 am

Hi Oliver,

Back in the days before the ceiling fell in I used to love doing shows at the Queens, it was a great atmosphere, and the tiered seating actually made a huge positive impact giving the audience a much better view and also helping with the sound. At the end though we were having problems with the flyropes breaking because they were so old and rotten and I don't think that anything has been done towards rectifying that, and the last time I was backstage there everywhere looked so damp and in such a bad condition that I'm not sure that I'd want to do a show there. I think that there may be some personality clashes also; but it is a shame as the Queens is the ideal size for the bigger local societies.

Ian
Back to top Go down
crazzycat

PostSubject: Re: Queens Theatre - Burslem   Queens Theatre - Burslem EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 2:26 am

i like you theatre, welcome here!
Back to top Go down
http://				 http://www.glittergraphicsnow.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Queens Theatre - Burslem   Queens Theatre - Burslem Empty

Back to top Go down

Queens Theatre - Burslem
Page 1 of 1